Welcome to the 517 Hour Massage Therapy Program!
This is a state board approved school offering both a day & night massage therapy programs designed to teach students the principles of basic anatomy, physiology and pathology. Training in hands on practical skills that will enable them to succeed as a licensed massage therapist. The program is also suitable for those who are adding skills to their profession as healthcare workers in nursing, physical or occupational therapy or any other related field.
The primary mission is to prepare students for the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEX) and employment as a licensed massage therapist. The goal of our highly qualified faculty and staff is to provide a supportive learning environment where the standards of massage therapy are upheld to its highest state. We will emphasize self-care and well-being as a prerequisite for caring for and serving others in addition to maintaining a long and healthy career. Upon graduation, our students will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, and pathology in the human body and how to apply this information to the practice of massage therapy.
- Exhibit critical thinking skills in assessment, massage sequencing, and various massage modalities to perform effective and individuated treatments in a variety of environments.
- Demonstrate active listening and communication skills, with the desire to educate on the benefits of massage therapy.
- Make self-care a priority through meditation, seated stretch, breath work, yoga, nutrition, and exercise.
- Adhere to professional and ethical standards through the knowledge of laws and statues pertaining to massage therapy as well as solid business practices